Le Tour Eiffel

All right, I know I'm being a really bad, bad blogger, but I have a good excuse. We have only just returned from a fabulous family adventure in Paris! I intend to write a couple of upcoming posts about our trip, but I'm presently buried under mountains of laundry, mounds of bills and paperwork, and loads of e-mails. So as I try to catch up on life, I'll leave you with this video my daughter took of the Eiffel Tower at night.

When I was there nine years ago, the tower was a lovely golden color at night. Now, they have added 20,000 sparkling lights that glitter once every hour for five minutes. It's cool!  People clap and cheer whenever they go off, just as if it were a fireworks display. So, let's hear an "Oooooooh, ahhhhhhh" for Le Tour Eiffel!

P.S. Um...unfortunately she had to turn the camera sideways in order to get it all in and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to rotate the video (like you can with an regular picture), so I hope this 30-second video doesn't give anybody a kink in their neck!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow - sparkly. I love it. I saw the Eifel Tower in 1971. It is just so gorgeous. Glad you had a great time. I just returned from a trip so I know what you are going through.

Heidi Willis said...

oooh! aaahhh!!! So sparkly!!

I love that you have video rather than a picture on this! Then you can see it really glitter!

Annette Piper said...

Holly, just gorgeous - and lucky you being whizzed off to Paris! I'm a worse blogger than you I think - I just have no time to get my head around writing a post when I'm so full of planning for the upcoming trip to Italy!