Ingenious Advertising!


My hubby received this in an email, and I literally laughed out loud when I saw it. I did a little web surfing and discovered the ad was a real one; it was covered in the July 17, 2012 edition of ADWEEK. Turns out it is a legitimate advertising campaign designed to sell Colgate dental floss. Ingenious and hilarious!

If you haven’t already seen this, check it out! I’ll wait while you take a leisurely scroll through the following three photos…




Now that you’ve had a chance to look them over…

In the first one you will now notice that the lady has an extra finger on her hand. In the second one we have an extra arm resting on the man’s shoulder, and in the last one the man is missing an ear!

So what do you think? Did the ad successfully prove that having food stuck in your teeth draws more attention than any physical defect?

Worked for me!



Link via: Ads of the World


6 comments:

Heidi Willis said...

That's a riot!! What a creative ad department!

Laurel said...

I only noticed the extra arm in the middle picture. Clever experiment!

Name: Holly Bowne said...

I know, right?! I couldn't believe it was "real." But most effective! Ha, ha!

Name: Holly Bowne said...

And Laurel, you did MUCH better than me. I noticed nothing but the teeth!! :o)

Nancy said...

I just noticed all of the teeth. I didn't notice the other things until you pointed them out to me. I guess we are face people. That could be the reason.

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Oh, I like that Nancy. We are "face people." That sounds much better than "we are surprisingly lacking in observation skills." ;o)