My Very First Blog Award



I’m so flattered! I just received my very first Blog Award. One of my fellow mom bloggers, Theta Mom, has kindly honored me with the Over the Top Award. Thanks so much, Theta Mom. As I discover more about the world of blogging, I’m learning that each of the various Blog Awards being disbursed in cyberspace comes with a specific set of rules.


As a writer, I’m particularly challenged by the Over the Top Award because the rules in accepting this award are to answer the following questions using only one word.

The Rules
USE ONLY ONE WORD! It’s not as easy as you may think. Copy and change the answers to suit you and pass it on.

All righty, deep breath in. Let it out. Okay…bring it!

1. Where is your cell phone? Purse


2. Your hair? Spirals


3. Your mother? Interesting


4. Your father? Active


5. Your favorite food? Chocolate


6. Your dream last night? Kaleidoscopic


7. Your favorite drink? CaramelMacchiato (yeah, yeah I know it’s really two words!)


8. Your dream/goal? Novel


9. What room are you in? Office


10. Your hobby? Photography

I am passing this award on to some fellow mom writers & bloggers who I feel are definitely up for this “over the top” challenge. Congratulations go out to:

My Little Patch of Sunshine
ACU’s Stiletto Shoes and Pretty Pink Tutus
Manda Blogs About…
Brickhouse Mama 2
A Simple Wife
Unscripted Life
Gutspilling 101
My Mommy Needs a Life
Think Spin

14 comments:

Grizzly Bear said...

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

that will be hard!

Congrats on your award Holly! I really enjoyed reading your answers

:P (typing 1 handed here)

mylittlepatchofsunshine said...

Congrats on your award, and thanks for nominating me!

Susan R. Mills said...

Congratulations!

The pale observer said...

Hi fellow Holly! (Mine is spelled Holli - by a mom trying to be different) - anyway, stumbled upon your blog and liked it alot. Congrats on your award - u deserve it!

Will keep reading.

I am Canadian but living in Ghana for the past 13 years. Being a mom over here has been quite interesting to say the least! Luckily there's a great International school with great opportunities and lots of school trips to places like China and Holland... but I digress.

Just wanted to say hello!

Holli in Ghana

Theta Mom said...

Yay girl! Congrats again! :)

kaydee said...

Congratulations on the award and thank you for nominating me for it as well. You're answers are very fun! following and pinging along...

RuthMom said...

Sparkle, BruceDad and I send three cheers! Rah, rah, rah, arf,arf,arf!!

Ivy said...

Congratulations Holly! This is so awesome I just had to share it with StumbleUpon and Reddit!

Keep up the great work! Thanks so much for the nomination!

Viv said...

Very cool! I hadn't seen this award before, but I like the "one word" restriction.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by the blog to check out my "Night Runner" YA review. I appreciate your comment!

Amy said...

Hey! Thanks for the nomination! I did it. I put all of the answers in a post and they all only used one word. Boy was that kinda hard not to elaborate on the answers. I tend to want to do that lol!
Thanks again.

Cara said...

Congrats!
Awards are always a good confidence and motivational boosters, aren't they? I enjoyed the single-word survey; those are always fun. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for passing this on to me, I really appreciate it and I'm sorry it took so long for me to get over here.

Name: Holly Bowne said...

No worries, Amanda! I know how life can get in the way of things. And congratulations! :)