Now you will all know the truth about how unbalanced I am. Wait, that doesn’t sound right. Awww, never mind. I guess it does.
One of my favorite author friends, Heidi Willis, presented me with the Kreativ Blogger Award back in (cough) February. And I’m only just now getting around to officially thanking her for it and following the directions that go along with accepting it.
I’m supposed to write ten things about myself and then pass the award on to a few bloggers I enjoy. So, here goes!
Ten Random Things…
1. All my spices are alphabetized.
2. I tend to “speak” in movie quotes. A lot. (I do it often enough that my kids and hubby can usually complete the next line of dialogue when I start it. I know, that’s bad, right?)
3. I laugh really hard at my own jokes. Even if nobody else does.
4. I ALWAYS read the manual.
5. I’m a slow reader and try to make up for it by reading 2-3 books at the same time.
6. The minute I finish a book I really like, I immediately do an Internet search for every interview with the author I can find.
7. I’ve tricked my son into watching a variety of musicals as well as the first three Twilight episodes.
8. I never got to perform in a play in high school, but got the lead in the first college play I tried out for.
9. Um…I started running out of ideas here, so I just asked my daughter to give me a random fact about myself and she said, “You hold one-sided conversations with the dog.” Yeah. It’s true, I do. I say something. Then I make him say something. Then I respond. And so on. It’s sad really.
10. Okay, this last one is going to make me sound really mean, but I purposely park next to cars that are poorly parked (like on huge angles over the line and stuff.) I park right in the center of my space which typically makes it difficult for the bad parker to get back into their car. I feel like I’m performing a public service when I do this, though. I’m helping that driver become aware of the need to park more considerately in the future.
Now, let me send you on to some blogs I enjoy--beside’s Heidi's, of course!
Teresa is über talented and funny. A writer, homeschooling mom and unlike me, she grows stuff her family can actually eat!
Freelance journalist and author Kristine Meldrum Denholm shares interesting posts and encouragement for writers.
Annette Piper is a talented jewelry artist who blogs about her awesome creations and her life on a cattle farm in rural Australia.
Nancy blogs about her faith and life in the Midwest.
Ivy is a talented singer and writer. She blogs about her family, faith and living life to the fullest.