I’m In Love!



Well, it’s Valentine’s Day week, and I’m in LOVE

With my iPhone!

My hubby went out a couple of months ago and switched our entire family from regular “old-fashioned” cell phones to iPhones. Initially, I was dismayed. First of all, I did not have time to learn how to use an entirely new phone. Second, I saw no reason to complicate my life by carrying around a phone with which I could access the Internet, read e-mails, etc.

Added stress and confusion, I thought. Who needs it?

Well, fast forward a few months and can I just say this phone is the COOLEST! Total nerd that I am, I’ve read the entire manual. I didn’t allow myself to add any “apps” to the phone until I’d finished. My son, however, is the App King. He’s got loads of them! One app he particularly enjoys is called ROFL (Rolling On Floor Laughing). He recently had me laughing over a ROFL list titled: Truths for Mature Humans. He was reading them out loud to me as I was preparing dinner and I found many of them SO true, I finally insisted he send me the list. I won’t put all 32 items on here, but I figured I’d share what I considered ten of the most profound “truths”:


1.  There is a great need for a sarcasm font.


2.  How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?


3.  I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.


4.  Was learning cursive really necessary?


5.  MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.


6.  Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.


7.  Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.


8.  I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I honestly believe I did not make any changes to.


9.  I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.


10.  I would rather carry 10 overloaded bags in each hand than take two trips to bring my groceries in.

Awww, what the hey! Let’s make it 11 truths…

11.  Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey--but I bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from three feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!



Happy Valentine’s Day Week!

2 comments:

Teresa Robeson said...

A Facebook friend of mine came up with the idea of prefacing and ending a sarcastic comment with tildes. It works very well!

As for fitted sheets, Martha Stewart showed us how to do it perfect! Figures, eh?

#5 is funny and true...even for me who can get lost inside a paper bag. ;)

#8 happens to me all the time...LOL!

Petula said...

Those are perfect....

Uh, and now I want an iPhone.